In order for your business to generate new ideas and more traffic then the incorporation of Social media is essential. If your a Entrepreneur and looking to adapt social media to improve your presence on all the major networks like Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and LinkedIn then it is a necessity to create a social media marketing strategy. Your content needs to be great and will be essential to succeeding at improve your social media brand awareness. Your social media marketing plan should include a content marketing plan, comprised of strategies for content creation and content curation, as well as an editorial calendar. After selecting the appropriate social media platforms to help generate awareness for your products and services, you now need to identify the appriopate social media management tools for those platforms.
A social media management tool includes dashboards and publishing tools and by selecting the tools that social media manager gurus actually use will help you to juggle these multiple accounts. Theses tools make reaching social media marketing goals possible. Whether you’re a Solopreneur or a multinational enterprise, it’s nearly impossible to manage a social media marketing programs without using 3rd party tools.
If your a start-up with limited funds here are a list of FREE social media scheduling tools to support your multiple social media accounts:
Facebook Pages Manager an unofficial Windows Store app that lets you manage all your Facebook pages. Pages Manager helps admins connect with their audience and keep up with activity on multiple Pages, all in one place
- Post updates and photos and respond to comments as your Pages
- View and reply to private messages sent to your Pages
- Option to get push notifications for new activity, tips and reminders
- View your latest Page Insights
- Allows users to choose from the list of pages they manage
- Posting and scheduling
- Users can view their lists of pages
- View overviews of their pages’ insights, look at the list of page admins
Platforms: Facebook Only
My Review: Pages is easy to use and is solely for Facebook profiles and business pages accounts which provides analytics of your posts productivity. A useful tool that provides great additional features such as options to boost a page, insights reports, access to inbox and notifications. The main let down is the lack of the scheduling posts being updated into chronologically order. You have to search through all posts to find the date your looking to view or edit.
Tweetdeck is a web and desktop solution to monitor and manage your Twitter feeds with powerful filters to focus on what matters. You can also schedule tweets and stay up to date with notification alerts for new tweets. Tweetdeck, who was purchased by Twitter, is available for Chrome browsers, as well as Windows and Mac desktops. Recently they closed down their mobile apps to re-shift focus on the web and desktop platforms
- Monitor multiple timelines in one easy interface
- Schedule Tweets to be posted in the future
- Turn on alerts to keep up with emerging information
- Filter searches based on criteria like engagement, users and content type.
- Build and export custom timelines to put on your website.
- Use intuitive keyboard shortcuts for efficient navigation.
- Mute users or terms to eliminate unwanted noise.
- Never hit refresh again: Tweet Deck timelines stream in real-time.
- Manage a Twitter account with multiple people.
- Choose a light or dark theme
Platforms: Twitter Only
My Review: A great tool if you mainly work using your desktop computer, Tweetdeck is fantastic as it gives you the opportunity to upload images, add content and schedule post. The only main downfall is the fact that its not mobile friendly. If your only using Twitter as your only Social Media platform then Tweetdeck is the perfect choice.
Know known as Later. Upload and schedule your Instagram posts from your computer or mobile phone. Search and regram other Instagram posts and manage multiple Instagram accounts.
- Upload posts from your Computer, iPhone, Tablet, or Android 7
- Available App version
- Easily Plan & Schedule your Instagram posts
- Manage Multiple Instagram accounts
- Add Team Members to collaborate on Instagram accounts
- Search & Repost content from web
- Upload Video & Photo posts to be scheduled
- Free plan and paid options
Platform: Instagram Only
My Review:: Latergramme is a great tool for managing your Instagram posts. It is fantastic because its available as a desktop and mobile friend application. You can manage up to several Instagram accounts and switch between the various accounts. Similar to Tweetdeck if you only use Instagram then this is idea. On the other hand if you are dealing with various social media platforms then this isn’t the one for that.
Hoot Suite is the most popular social media management tool for people and businesses to collaboratively execute campaigns across multiple social networks like Facebook and Twitter from one web-based dashboard. Hoot suite has become an essential tool for managing social media, tracking conversations and measuring campaign results via the web or mobile devices. Hoot suite offers a free, pro and enterprise solution for managing unlimited social profiles, enhanced analytics, advanced message scheduling, Google Analytics and Facebook insights integration.
- Hoot suite Pro helps you save time on social media
- Schedule unlimited messages to Facebook and Twitter
- Track what your current and potential customers are saying about you
- Measure the impact of your social campaigns
- Receive 1 to 1 training with a social media coach
Platforms: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Foursquare, Linkedin
My Review:: This has to be my favourite FREE scheduling tool as it covers all the above social media platforms. Hoot suites layout displays your posts/tweets , messages and scheduled posts. The free plan provides you with up to three linking accounts to stream. Highly recommended for Social Media Consultants.
Everypost for IOS is the social media publishing tool most acclaimed by content professionals, social marketers, SMBs and Digital Agencies. Everypost is the easiest way to create, customize, schedule and post content to Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Flickr, Linkedin, tumblr, and many others social networks.
- The free version – limits you to posting to one platform every 24 hours
- Lets you schedule up to 10 posts at a time
- Instagram-like features – ability to add filters to the photos you post
- Doesn’t include analytics as some of its competitors
- Compatible with iOS and Android, browsers Safari, Chrome, Firefox
Platforms: Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Tumblr, and Dropbox.
I tried out the Everypost management tool to see if it offered additional features that would tear me away from Hoot suite. Unfortunately it does not and is only for IOS. A good tool and provides scheduling for multiple platforms except for Instagram which is a big downfall for me. What they do better than Hoot suite is that on the FREE version they offer the ability to add more than three social media accounts. A good tool to if your using more that three accounts with one of them not being an Instagram account obviously.
All the above FREE scheduling tools I find really work well for me as a Social Media Consultant looking after multiple accounts for my clients. Whether your using your mobile phone, iPad or laptop play around with which of the tools are easy for you to manage. If you are managing your own social media business accounts and juggling your clients accounts then look into using different devices to differentiate the uses.